I suggest you ...

allow users to say what beer they are drinking "right now"

It would be neat to allow users to tell the site what beer they are drinking "right now" and their friends can see. Similiar to twitter in "What are you doing?" it would become "What are you drinking right now?"

54 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    brosnerbrosner shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  97bottlesAdmin97bottles (Admin, 97bottles) responded  · 

UPDATE: We’re not 100% how this would be useful in context of the whole. We’re going to need more info and to think about this more. In the meantime, we’re going to be working on a mobile interface and come back to this once that is done. The mobile interface should take care of some of what this might be about.

We’re looking into this. There have been several ideas related to this, all interesting. Obviously the whole mobile question is something we’ve been noodling from the start as has some kind of twitter integration.

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ScottScott commented  · 

Friends,
        In a word-Thanks!!!
        In more than a word:Thank God for Fat Weasel Ale 7.1
        Dear Sirs,Brew Masters and the like:
        I am a connoisseur of fine Ales. In particular, I have found the ultimate Ale experience. Treading on 20+years now I have pounded my way toward Beer Bolivia. I am your greatest fan period. And it all began with my infatuation for Fat Weasel Ale Is A#1. The ultimate choice of not only me but that of the gods. That is of course to say that they too appreciate a not only fine, but rather, a Brilliantly-Fine of the Finest that can be found from here to Timbuktu! Fat Weasel.
        Thanks to all who have made my One and Only, out of many, mated for life. So long as the Steinhaus Brewing Company never -ever stops brewing the single love of my choice. The One Ale that I cannot seem to ever tire of. Long Live Fat Weasel Ale! You, Yours truely and trader Joes. Forever!!!

Good Things!

Scott

• xentekxentek commented  · 

How about just a way to get reviews posted to get outside of the site, like the ability to post a link to my review on my twitter account automatically.

• infinivertinfinivert commented  · 

This adds the beauty of Twitter-esque communication to the beer drinking community we're creating here. I mean, most of my friends couldn't care less what beer I'm drinking, but my friends on 97bottles... that's a different story.

• travisgertztravisgertz commented  · 

What if you could just "@" 97bottles or something in Twitter and it could hook up to your 97B account as the status? I'm assuming most of us already have Twitter (at least with the current round of testers),

EG) @97bottles I'm drinking Imperial Stout.

• Luke DornyLuke Dorny commented  · 

…so this would be a widget service for bloggers, to put it more succinctly.

• brosnerbrosner commented  · 

This would go perfect with an iPhone as already suggested :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base