I suggest you ...

Add 'Drank It' Flagging of non-favorites

Particularly as a new user I'm browsing around the site for beers more then I'm reviewing [just yet]. There are many beers that I have had that might want to review down the road that may not be favorites, and for the time being I just want to queue them up so they don't get lost.

I'd feel bad flagging them as a "favorite" just so they're easier to find later.

Down the road it might also be an interesting data point to grab metrics from - ubiquity ratings, drank vs. favorite, etc.

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    chriscascianochriscasciano shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mike DonkMike Donk commented  · 

I would use a "drank it" list to keep track of beers I may want to review in the future. Especially when you have an iPhone App and I can't write the review while I'm out drinking with friends but I could flag "drank it" from the phone and write a review when I get home. Now you can't say no to that. :)

• chriscascianochriscasciano commented  · 

Well, the "drank it" [or save it, bookmark it] doesn't /have/ to be exposed to other users if your fear it will cloud up the public views. The ways around having any way to flag this stuff [like cluttering up a to-drink list or half assed reviews], have negative effects on the data. And think of the more passive types that may use the site that just aren't going to review anyway.

• jeffcroftjeffcroft commented  · 

We are afraid a "drank it" list will discourage reviews. We believe it you drank a beer, you should review it, and the your "beer's i've reviewed" list becomes your "drank it" list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base